Sat, May 13|
UC Botanical Garden
Bees, Butterflies, and Beyond at the UC Botanical Garden
Join us on Saturday, May 13th as we celebrate the amazing relationship pollinators have with plants!
Time & Location
May 13, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
UC Botanical Garden, 200 Centennial Dr, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
About the event
Learn about the many animals that pollinate flowers, including native bees
- Check out these amazing insects under microscopes with Garden docents
- Come on a guided walk exploring pollinator host plants and butterflies
- Visit the Transition Berkeley community-partner table to learn more about pollinator-friendly gardening
- Make your own paper pollinator to take home
- Watch busy honey bees in a demonstration hive
- Explore the Garden’s glorious 34 acres with our children’s pollinator scavenger hunt. Return your completed sheet for a special pollinator sticker!
Please Note: Temporary road closure at Stadium due to UC Berkeley Commencement may require accessing the Garden via Grizzly Peak Blvd. For transportation recommendations, visit our Parking and Directions webpage on the day of the event.
Reduced and Free Admission Programs
UCBG is a proud partner in Museums for All, a collaborative initiative of the Institute of Museum and Library Services that ensures every child and family has access to a world-class museum experience by offering reduced admission. Guests with an EBT card can receive $3 Admission for up to four individuals. Guests show their EBT card with valid ID at the Kiosk.
UCBG is a partner of Discover & Go, a nationally recognized museum pass program that provides current California library cardholders with free and discounted tickets to local museums and cultural institutions. The Garden pass includes 1 free adult and 1 free junior admission. Limit 1 pass redemption per year; blackout dates apply. UCBG online reservations are not required with Discover & Go. Guests show their Discover & Go Pass with valid ID at the Kiosk
Garden Programs 510-664-7606 firstname.lastname@example.org
Access Coordinator: Marykaren Mrowka, email@example.com, 510-664-7606
For more information, click here.